Time-on-Task: 41 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This Survey of Pharmacology course provides primer to the principles and basics of pharmacology. This course introduces students to the principles of clinical application, including basic pharmacokinetics, dosage forms, and drug administration. Students will gain a brief introduction to the knowledge and skills necessary to apply pharmacology to other disciplines of healthcare.
- Apply mathematical concepts to the practice of pharmacology and dosage calculations
- Describe the regulations and standards in pharmacology
- Present a general knowledge of basic pharmacological terminology, concepts, and abbreviations
- Understand medication administration using the appropriate route and methods for the type of medication
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.