Time-on-Task: 13 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
This course provides a foundation for all learners to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The course defines HIPAA and introduces its most current information, including privacy rules and security rules, and provides students with opportunities to locate information on the HIPAA. Students are encouraged to consider HIPAA from the perspective of the patient as well as the Covered Entity. In addition, students are introduced to the HITECH Act and its impact on electronic medical records. At the end of the course, students will be able to implement safe guards with HIPAA.
- Define HIPAA
- Explain the Privacy Rule
- Describe the HIPAA Security Rule
- Identify guidelines for protecting patient information
- Identify how HIPAA policy can be breached
- Define a covered entity
- Identify the entities affected by HIPAA
- Define HITECH
- Identify the safety measures that must be taken to protect electronic medical records
- Explain steps that office managers must take to ensure their agency is compliant with HIPAA
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.