Time-on-Task: 41 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
Basic Electricity is an introductory level course for individuals working in industrial skilled trades and maintenance technician jobs. The course covers the basic nature and functionality of electricity. Students will explore the basic properties of electrical circuit, voltage, current, resistance and power. In addition, students will learn to utilize Ohm’s Law to determine electrical properties in series and parallel circuits and apply Watt’s Law to simple circuits.
- Identity basic electricity components and their schematic symbols
- Know basic DC circuit propertiesÑvoltage, current, resistance and power
- Analyze voltage sources
- Determine resistor values using the resistor color code
- Apply Ohm's Law to simple series and parallel circuits
- Apply Watt's Law to simple circuits
- Calculate parallel resistors
- Learn basics to using a digital multimeter
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.