Time-on-Task: 47 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course teaches students a professional branding technique that prepares them to create and manage their own personal brand to further themselves in their chosen industry. Students learn how to market your own experiences on a resume, in a personal narrative, and in a visual timeline or portfolio. Branding themselves for professional development helps students achieve short-term goals and visualize their goals for the long-term.
- Describe the advantages of creating, managing, and maintaining a personal brand in today's employment market
- Understand the expectations of employers in today's employment market
- Create a professional portfolio that satisfies the needs of employers
- Produce a video introduction that satisfies the needs of employers
- Learn how to develop and leverage a social network to help advance your career
- Learn best practices for sharing your personal brand
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.