Time-on-Task: 69 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
This course presents an overview of the key concepts for the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification exam. It will explore process and team management, operational metrics, and key tools and techniques to achieve process excellence.
- Apply the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) model to create breakthrough in profitability and growth in a business situation
- Manage projects by defining metrics and following the DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control) methodology
- Design effective teams to execute projects using the tools and techniques of Lean Six Sigma
- Employ the sequence of the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) problem solving methodology
- Implement a sustainable process breakthrough using the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) methodology
- Differentiate Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) frameworks with respect to customer needs
- Analyze a business process using different types of tools and techniques relevant to the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Determine how to enroll the executive management in the journey of change associated with the Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC or DFSS) initiative
- Determine how to sustain process breakthrough improvements in the control phase of the Lean Six Sigma initiative during the process owner handover
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes