Time-on-Task: 13 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
This course supplies training and information on the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard for individuals at risk of occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). This OSHA standard is a federal mandate requiring the use of Universal Precautions and other engineering and work practice controls to provide a safe workplace for those employees. Exposure to blood and OPIM could result in transmission of bloodborne pathogens, which could lead to disease or death.
- The Universal Precautions course includes 4 non-credit contact hours.
- This course is self-paced.
- This course is a compliance course that is required for anyone working in the health care field.
- This course is run fully online.
- The Universal Precautions course is designed as part of the Pearson Workforce Education Core Health Care Curriculum, and can be included with other occupation-specific courses in conjunction with multiple certification programs.
- This course is not a CEU.
- This course is appropriate for entry-level students, or can be used for professional development by incumbent workers.
- This course is a complete, ready-to-deliver, customizable online course, including syllabi, lesson sequences and course objective descriptions.
- The Universal Precautions course content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every content item is mapped to a specific course objective.
- This course can be used in any Learning Management System (BlackBoard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.).
- Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects.
- All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers.
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.