Time-on-Task: 69 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course will familiarize students with the role and responsibilities required of a medical office
- Explain the job requirements of a Medical Front Office Assistant
- Describe effective communication skills for the workplace
- Explain how to properly handle confidential information
- Explain different types of health insurance and benefits
- Describe the different types of financial transactions that take place within a medical office
- Describe different types of documentation used in a medical office
- Explain how to document and maintain medical records
- Describe the benefits of computers and electronic medical records in the workplace
- Apply the guidelines for medical billing and coding
- Describe the operational functions in a medical office
- Explain how to capitalize on career opportunities available to the medical office assistant
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.