Time-on-Task: 19 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides an overview of the legal and ethical issues found in the health care setting. The course will cover the laws and professional requirements that regulate the delivery of health care, which include HIPAA, the Patient's Bill of Rights, and standard of care. Students will also gain an understanding of ethical and moral issues that health care professionals may encounter.
- Analyze issues of law and ethics as related to health care
- Determine the similarities and differences between laws, ethics, and moral issues
- Assess the importance of confidentiality in the health care setting from both a legal and ethical standpoint
- Analyze the impact that local, state, and federal legislation have on practices found in health care
- Compare and contrast the roles of various members of the health care team in terms of standard of care
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.